This site uses cookies! Learn More

This site uses cookies!

For providing our services, we do use cookies.
But get used, this is what most of modern web do!
However we have to warn you since we are obligated to so due to EU laws.

By continuing to use this site, you agree to allow us to store cookies on your computer. :)
And no, we will not eat your computer nor you will be able to eat those cookies :P

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Roots Magic - Hoodoo Blues (2015)

1 post in this topic

790de6f429f881de1441c792555fb7b4.jpg [b]Artist[/b]: Roots Magic [b]Title Of Album[/b]: Hoodoo Blues [b]Year Of Release[/b]: 2015 [b]Label[/b]: Clean Feed [b]Genre[/b]: Jazz, Blues [b]Quality[/b]: 320 Kbps [b]Total Time[/b]: 54:43 min [b]Total Size[/b]: 126 MB [b]Tracklist:[/b] 01. The Hard Blues 02. Unity 03. The Sunday Afternoon Jazz and Blues Society 04. Blues for Amiri B. 05. Dark Was the Night 06. A Call for All Demons 07. Poor Me 08. The Joint Is Jumping 09. I Can't Wait Till I Get Home 10. The Sunday Afternoon Jazz and Blues Society (Alternative Take)
This is one more proof that jazz, and blues for that matter, turned to be a universal language. Roots Magic is an Italian quartet, and yes, they play the Blues. A sort of Avant-Garde Blues, to be more exact. The group consists of Alberto Popolla - clarinets, Errico Defabritiis - alto sax, Gianfranco Tedeschi - double bass and Fabrizio Spera - drums, plus guest Luca Venitucci - organ. Two of the tracks of this album are from members of the band but the main content is formed by covers. Some come from the Delta Blues repertoire (Blind Willie Johnson, Charley Patton) and are submitted to unusual arrangements, and others were composed by distinguished Free Jazz. musicians like Julius Hemphill, Phil Cohran, John Carter, Sun Ra and Olu Dara, and Roots Magic squeeze the blues out of it. The concept is marvelous and the results are magnificent. A multiple picture including open form ballads, Afro-funk numbers and highly energetic free-jazz. Maybe only non-African-Americans could manipulate the tradition like this, but it does sound American. Thank God we live in a global village and history isn't something to keep stored at a museum.
7409461d53baf8ee6fe405f510a7faff.png [b]Buy Premium From My Links To Get Resumable Support,Max Speed & Support Me[/b]
Download ( Uploaded

Download ( Rapidgator )

Download ( Uploadable )

Download (Turbobit)