This site uses cookies! Learn More

This site uses cookies!

For providing our services, we do use cookies.
But get used, this is what most of modern web do!
However we have to warn you since we are obligated to so due to EU laws.

By continuing to use this site, you agree to allow us to store cookies on your computer. :)
And no, we will not eat your computer nor you will be able to eat those cookies :P

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Bette Midler - Some People's Lives (1990)

1 post in this topic

289babf271395f0c35dd4540fc5881ea.jpg [b]Artist[/b]: Bette Midler [b]Title Of Album[/b]: Some People's Lives [b]Year Of Release[/b]: 1990 [b]Label[/b]: Atlantic [7 82129-2] [b]Country[/b]: USA [b]Genre[/b]: Pop, Soft Rock [b]Quality[/b]: FLAC (image+.cue+.log) | Mp3 [b]Full Size[/b]: 359 MB | 176 MB (Scans) [b]Bitrate[/b]: Lossless | CBR 320 kbps [b]Time[/b]: 45:40
Despite Bette Midler's bawdy, cartoonish image, her albums are almost always classy A/C collections that are often buried under overproduction. So on Some People's Lives, one of the singer's strongest collections, it isn't surprising that the only hit, "From a Distance," a song of hope and peace, is in keeping with much of her material -- namely poor production that is buoyed by her sterling vocals and strong lyrics. Aside from that, however, Some People's Lives is a smooth collection of standards like Cole Porter's "Miss Otis Regrets" and contemporary cuts like Diane Warren's "Moonlight Dancing." Kicking off with the punchy "One More Round," Midler sets the stage for sassy up-tempo numbers, then slides into the title song, a haunting ballad of despair that shows she is on more solid ground than ever. This is Midler at her best -- playful, yearning, brassy, regretful -- and that is mostly because producer Arif Mardin surrounds his star with respectful production that matches her talent while accenting her strengths. Standouts are the title cut, "Miss Otis Regrets," "He Was Too Good to Me/Since You Stayed Here," and "Spring Can Really Hang You Up the Most.

01 - One More Round
 02 - Some People's Lives
 03 - Miss Otis Regrets
 04 - Spring Can Really Hang You Up The Most
 05 - Night And Day
 06 - The Girl Is On To You
 07 - From A Distance
 08 - Moonlight Dancing
 09 - He Was Too Good To Me_Since You Stayed Here
 10 - All Of A Sudden
 11 - The Gift Of Love

[b]Buy Premium From My Links To Get Resumable Support,Max Speed & Support Me[/b]
[code]Download ( Uploaded

Download ( Rapidgator )

Download ( Uploadable )

Download (Turbobit)