This site uses cookies! Learn More

This site uses cookies!

For providing our services, we do use cookies.
But get used, this is what most of modern web do!
However we have to warn you since we are obligated to so due to EU laws.

By continuing to use this site, you agree to allow us to store cookies on your computer. :)
And no, we will not eat your computer nor you will be able to eat those cookies :P

iSm0keD

question
IDE's to work in linux

3 posts in this topic

Hi, i'll start with linux, and i need know some IDE for the C's (c# specifically), i need the best ide, any here know?

Thanks!

Regard's

I would recommend cross-platform NetBeans IDE, but it seems that it lack C# support. 
However as alternative, there is MonoDevelop, relatively buggy program when project started, but since version 2.0 it started to becoming better and better.
Today, latest version is 5.9.0 and it seems to be very powerful and stable IDE for developers.
f you willing to have latest version, your best bet would be to either compile it from the source or use official instructions (recommended).

Alternatively, you may use 3rd party packages for various distributions, but you will not get latest version (as for now). 

If you need help, ask here.

Happy coding!

I'm using Code::Block and Eclipse IDE. But I'm coding on Windows cause I don't want to start my laptop under Linux (I've it but I'm not please with it) ^^ Code::Block is simple to use and to make project. If I have time I will post my Akinator program ;)