Sign in to follow this  
xZero

Shutting down (Vote)

After much thinking, I'm considering to shut down Elite7Hackers community for good.   

11 members have voted

1. 1. Should I proceed and shutdown Elite7Hackers community?

• Yes
    • Yes, burn it to the ground!
    • No
    • Nooo!

Elite7Hackers has been started 11 years ago, and nowadays, after much consideration, I'm considering shutting it down for good. It's extremely hard choice, so I'm asking you guys for help bring right decision. 
There is possibility of revival sometime in the future, but it will probably be starting from scratch. 

If I get enough positive feedback, I will discard this idea as I don't want to leave faithful members behind.
Otherwise, see you on the other side!

xZero,

that is something unexpected.

You probably have good reasons for your line of thought....  but please be sure, your work and your site, I personally consider the best, and 'the' standard for how things should be, in this specific domain.

I sincerely hope, you will be able to keep up the good work and keep this site up.

BR,

J&W

Hi Boss,

It is hard to heard about it, but I had taken this consideration much earlier.
The forum is dead, regarding activity of users. People are not bringing life to it with 0 posts/thread a day...

Honestly, as first I'd said we should get rid of Bitefight section, the bot is no more. Few people are asking for licensing on our base, but I do no longer want to carry about this.

For the amount, I would literally delete this part of the forum. No more Bitefight here (but it was the only living part somedays ago).

It would also help preventting bans (regarding weapons thread), either we shut down the licensing system or we provide a tool to auto-handle BFBot in local database (just a file.db).

This way, people would get a free bot for life and for sure the creator of BFBot would be really sad, but who cares?

I can't evaluate the rest of the forum (I mean download section), maybe some people download things from there but as they do not "thanks" or whatever we have no record of such activity.

I'd say the forum had a longer life than it needed to have :) We should let him go now and keep in touch on Facebook page (which could suffise).

If ever you consider doing a auto-BFBot for locals, we could provide little help/support through FB page. The bot is no use for it.

That is my point of view, as someone who joined in early 2014 and was "interested" by the forum (thus becoming manager/admin/root trhough years). Now with my position and my rights here I feel it very empty :(...

We can discuss on private about it (on FB).

Eventually I'm still there if needed!

See you guys,

Simon

Amazing people like @johnandwendy2 and fantastic staff is what drives my will to continue supporting this community. 

My personal life is not affected negatively by this forum (well, financially it is), and time I spent maintaining it and keeping things somewhat running is OK for me. Supporting side services is what I struggle with. Part of the problem is that I'm really bad with organising my own time. 

There are several factors that killed my will:

• Seeing staff members struggle to keep up with demand, and I'm usually to busy to help
  • Seeing faithful staff members slowly lose their passion
  • Community never become what I wanted it to,and it deviated strongly (not necessarily a bad thing, though)
  • We get a tons of traffic, but in average we see only 1% of visitors to come back after initial visit.
    We get in average 3 registrations per day, but in average 0-1 will remain active for more than a day (they probably register because it was requirement elsewhere). 
    Most visitors are here just to get what they want and to never return. 

Now, I have paid server for 3 years in advance, so forum doesn't have to necessarily go (it's covered for 3 full years).
My will is also slowly reigniting seeing that majority of votes so far are strongly against this idea. 

Well, let's see how things will develop, but however it'll be, it will demand some fundamental and radical changes as @Thebestsimon said. 
I think that [*project Phoenix] has effectively failed, and will need to be reconsidered. 

* Project Phoenix was an idea to fundamentally "reboot" Elite7Hackers, rebuild the platform(done) and bring tons of improvements and new content. So far only platform has been rebuilt from scratch and future proofed. Not much has been done regarding community. 

You should do what is best for you, no matter of the result of the poll. Personal life comes first..

Rest we all are with you and your decision

Regards

Lori

Hello guys, 

Thank you for all the support.

As is now, I'm satisfied with feedback, which gives me energy to continue running this community. 
Elite7Hackers is not going anywhere for time being, although some radical changes are on the way. 

First of all thank you for not leaving us.

It would not be possible to close a platform that you have been working for 11 years.

I am sure you will succeed more.

I would be glad if you give priority to BF bot which we have been waiting for months at the beginning of radical changes.

I dont even want to think about the possibility of closing a BF bot.

Best regards :)

dazzy